“If you would like to talk to sales press 1; if you would like to talk with accounting press 2…” How many times have you heard that when you called a company? If you are wondering how your enterprise could do something like that, you are in the right place! It is all about an IVR Call Center feature, an Interactive Voice Response. It is an automated phone system that interacts with clients through the use of voice and the keypad. It is a really useful option and your company could also take a lot of advantages from it.
The example we have mentioned is not the only application the IVR Call Center have. At Fonvirtual we can offer you to personalize it in the way you want. Just go creative and we will do our best to make your vision reality. If you do not know from where to start, we present you some of its most common uses.
Different applications of IVR Call Center
- Set of options. Ok, so let’s repeat the first one. The set of options is the most typical use of IVR Call Center. You can use it for your inbound call center, so you will know who is the most indicated person to answer the phone. You clients could choose between different departments, different languages or any other criteria you would like to add. Once the system knows that, it sends that information to ACD Call Center (Automatic Call Distributor), so it can distribute the call automatically to the most indicated agent. It helps to improve the effectiveness of the call center and makes clients more satisfied.
- Access to the premium account. Not every client is the same, and let’s be honest, some of them are more important than others. It is a case of premium customers, the ones who usually pay more in order to get additional advantages the standard clients do not get. One of those advantages might be a better, more advanced and more personalized customer support. When the client calls you, the IVR call center will ask him or her to introduce his or her account number, so you will know what type of clients calls you and what services you can offer them.
- Geographic segmentation. If you have clients from different locations, it is possible that you will offer different services depending on the city your client is from, or even in the different districts of the city. For that reason, the IVR call center gives you an opportunity to make a fast segmentation, so you know from where they are calling you. You could use a set of options, but it could create a too long list of locations. The better option would be to ask your clients to introduce their postcode. You could use it not only for call distribution, but it is also a really good source of information about your clients.
- Individual information for your clients. Many times the clients call to know their individual details about the services they have already hired. For example, in an electricity company, a lot of people are calling to know their electricity consumption. It’s an easy information to give, but it could be a little bit time-wasting to answer all of the phones. With IVR call center feature, the clients can be asked to introduce their ID and the number that appears on the counter and they will receive an automatic response about their consumption. Another typical example could be a transport company. If a client wants to know the delivery status, they can enter a tracking number and they will receive a fast information about it. This way the call center agents do not waste their time on those calls and can focus on other activities, and the clients are more satisfied because it is a much faster way for them to get an information.
- Quality surveys. It is not a secret that if you want to have a successful company, you have to keep improving, but first, you need to know what aspects of your business are improvable. But, it is not your tasks to determine what is it. In order to know it, you will have to ask your clients. One of the ways to do it is by the phone. And if you can do it automatically, even better, this way you will save a lot of money and time. So, the only thing you have to do is to establish the questions you would like to ask your clients. It could be something like “In the scale from 1 to 5 how would you evaluate our customer service”, so the clients the only thing has to do is to press a respective key.
Those are just some of the applications of IVR call center you could use, but the possibilities are endless. Do not limit yourself and tell us what kind of voice response you would like to have and from Fonvirtual we will do our best to give you the best call center solutions.