CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) is the technology that allows computers to interact with telephone systems. This makes it possible for users to perform all tasks related to calls, usually managed through a virtual PBX or call center software, directly from their PC desktop or even their mobile phone.
CTI integration also allows all the company’s communication devices (telephone, computer, fax, mobile phone, etc.) to communicate with each other. This gives the virtual PBX or call center software agents a centralized control of all their communication media through a single interface.
With CTI, these tasks can be carried out from any device with an internet connection, benefiting smaller companies which lack the resources to maintain more expensive communication infrastructures. In addition, it is an excellent tool to improve productivity and bring flexibility to the organization.
Which are the main 6 benefits of computer telephony integration for customer service?
Once we know about CTI, we will go on to explain some of the main benefits this type of technology can bring to your customer service:
Opting for CTI integration means no need for specific hardware for your virtual PBX or call centre software. The acquisition of this type of hardware is usually quite expensive and requires constant maintenance.
CTI integration is a less expensive and more flexible solution. The only tool your agents will need is a device with an internet connection. Goodbye installations!
Wide range of integrations
CTI integration makes the phone system a program. This program is designed to integrate with other programs to provide a better user experience. A CTI system can therefore be configured to work together with other services to improve productivity, foster cooperation and enhance the overall user experience.
Some examples of integrations are: live chat services, email, call logging, purchase history, opinion polls, support requests, and many more.
CTI systems allow agents to work with the phone, receiving and making calls and following up on customers, all through a simple and unified dashboard.
Answering, transferring, putting on hold, etc., you can perform all these actions with a single click. When a customer calls, his information will be visible to the agent, so he will be better prepared to solve the problem.
Improved collaboration and productivity
As we could already see, an adequate computer telephony system will allow agents to save time and effort. In addition to all the options available to the agent that we already mentioned above, the interface allows for smooth collaboration between team members. This makes it more likely that team members will ask for help from both managers and co-workers.
Features that enhance the customer experience
The reason why CTI improves productivity is because it allows a number of features that would be difficult or impossible to implement in a traditional system:
- Interactive Voice Response: filters customers before they talk to an agent. Filter criteria can include the language of the agent, the type of problem, the geographic location of the call, etc. This allows specific routing of calls, and enhances first-call resolution.
- Automatic Call Return: automatic call return allows customers to be contacted whenever they want, instead of waiting in long waiting queues. With this feature, customers know that they will be called back, and are free to continue with their day’s work. This feature significantly increases customer satisfaction.
- Click to Call: adding a Click to Call button allows customers to call without having to dial your company’s number.
These features greatly enhance the customer experience thanks to the flexibility they provide.
The integration of computer telephony not only benefits your clients and your agents, but will also make the manager’s job easier. The CTI allows the monitoring of calls, their recording and their analysis in real time. Managers can:
- Assign calls to the most appropriate agent.
- Follow the performance of an agent during a call.
- Provide real-time assistance if the agent encounters problems.
- Monitor the performance of individual agents or the team as a whole.
- Analyze the numbers of missed calls, waiting time, etc. to identify areas to improve.
- Survey customer satisfaction through user habits.
- Follow the progression of a customer’s life cycle.
If you would like to obtain more information about the virtual PBX service or call center software with Fonvirtual CTI integrations, please visit our page.