Table of contents
- What is a web chat?
- Differences between WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Business API
- Advantages of a web chat
- How to implement Fonvirtual’s chat on your company’s website?
- What are the funcionalities of Fonvirtual’s chat?
Today’s businesses are constantly looking for new ways to reach out to their customers to increase sales. In turn, customers are encouraged to contact those companies that offer the possibility of communicating, not only through voice calls, but also through other means, such as a chat on the company’s website. That is why this tool, in addition to allowing greater knowledge and closer contact with the customer, is the best ally of companies to increase their contacts.
However, to get the most out of it, it is important to know all the fundamental aspects of this channel: from what it is to how to implement it correctly. That’s why we’ve prepared this guide to provide you all the information you need to successfully implement a chat on your company’s website.
What is a web chat?
A web chat, also known as live chat, is a software used in a company’s customer services that allows a real-time conversation between an agent and the user.
This communication channel makes it possible to create stronger and long lasting relationships between the company and its customers, since, as it is a direct means of communication, it is possible to know the customer better and build customer loyalty. In fact, when users enter a website, it is because they are interested in satisfying their needs, so their willingness to contact the company is greater. Therefore, the easiest to talk to the company and the more communication channels are available to them, the more the possibilities are of converting potential customers or even offering them other complementary products and services.
Advantages of a web chat
Many companies have already started to note the benefits of a live chat on their website. In addition to the fact that, as we said before, it allows us to get closer to the consumer, other advantages of this communication channel are:
- The customer does not have to give his phone number: one of the main advantages of a web chat is that the user does not have to give their phone number in order to talk through it. Unlike other applications such as WhatsApp or Telegram, it is “anonymous”. They simply have to click a web button and start the conversation with an agent.
- It is possible to switch from chat to call from the conversation itself: as we will see later on, it is possible to include this communication channel in our telephony system. This integration allows actions such as switching from chat to call to be carried out without leaving the conversation. In other words, the agent can make a voice call from the chat itself and the customer will receive it on his computer. This contributes to easier communication, as being able to switch from one medium to another at any time and without the need for the user to give his telephone number, allows for greater understanding between both parties.
- It allows several conversations to be handled at the same time: a web chat does not prevent other tasks from being performed or several conversations from being handled at the same time. In other words, a single agent can answer several customers at the same time, which increases the efficiency of customer service with fewer resources.
- Avoid agent overload: an AI-powered chat can automate certain tasks, such as welcoming users. By creating automated messages, employees can focus on other aspects of customer service, such as personalising their answers. In addition, while an agent attends to a conversation, the chatbot can interact with other customers. All of this helps to ensure that employees are not overwhelmed in certain situations.
- Free for customers: another great advantage of web chat is that it is a free means of communication for customers. This implies a greater willingness on their part to contact you and an opportunity to show them everything you offer. Moreover, in the case of the chat that we offer in Fonvirtual, unlike other companies, we do not charge you for each message you receive in your extensions.
- 24/7 availability: when users have a query, they expect it to be solved as quickly as possible. A chat on the company’s website allows customers to contact you at any time. However, although talking to users at any time is one of the main advantages of a web chat, it is true that there is not always an agent available to attend to them. This is where the role of Artificial Intelligence comes into play, and more specifically, chatbots. In these situations, these systems are capable of solving users’ frequently asked questions.
- Quick answers: As mentioned at the beginning, live chat is characterised by real-time communication. This makes it possible to reduce waiting times and provide answers in less time, resulting in improved customer service and increased efficiency.
- Resolution at the first contact: web chat reduces the drop-out rate of the interaction by the customer. The fact of being able to hold a conversation allows us to get to know the customer better and makes it easier to solve their questions at the first contact. This way, we will be able to promote our company image and increase consumer confidence in the brand.
How to implement Fonvirtual’s chat on your company’s website?
The ideal way to successfully implement a chat on your company’s website is to integrate it with your virtual PBX. This way, you will be able to unify all communication channels and attend to customers from the same interface where you receive your voice and video calls. We explain how to do this below.
Once you have contracted the service with us, we will provide you with a widget to insert a web button everywhere you need on your website. You will be able to customize the code to suit the theme of your page. Moreover, it will be compatible with any content management system you use (Wordpress, Drupal, Magento, Joomla…).
Users browsing your site will be able to click the web button at any time. A chatbot will welcome them and answer them first. In case it does not know the answer, it will distribute the message according to the established criteria and the agent’s availability, who will receive it in his extension and be able to continue the conversation in real time.
It’s that simple! WebRTC technology allows you to manage chat messages as well as voice and video calls from anywhere and from any device with an Internet connection.
What are the functionalities of Fonvirtual’s chat?
The integration of the web chat with the virtual PBX will give you access to the following functionalities:
- Switch from chat to call: one of the main advantages of our chat is that you can switch to communicating with your customer through a call from the conversation itself. As it is integrated with the telephone system, the agent will simply have to press a button to launch a call that the customer will receive on their computer. It will be like a conventional voice call but without any telephone being involved and without the user having to give their number.
- Preview messages: you will be able to see the customer’s message before they send it, allowing you to anticipate their needs and personalise your answers.
- Chat transfer: Have you received a message from a case managed by another colleague? Don’t worry. You can easily and immediately pass it to the right person.
- File sharing: communication will be easier through a “drag & drop” system by which both agents and clients will be able to share images, documents, audio files…
- Secure conversations: users can be sure that the data they share in the chat will be protected, as conversations will be encrypted.
Implementing a chat on your company’s website will give an element of differentiation to your customer service and will allow you to get even closer to your customers. In addition, integration with our virtual PBX will help you manage all your channels efficiently. If you want to know more, do not hesitate to contact us. Our agents will accompany and advise you on everything you need.