Companies with an international presence often have to deal with communication problems within their own organization, either because employees travel for business purposes and are away from the office for a period of time, or because they have staff in different locations. Emails, phone calls, business text messages and many other communication tools are available, so that there are many ways to keep in touch almost constantly with colleagues in locations other than the main office. However, today we can talk about communication revolution thanks to the following advance of technology: the online meetings.
Online meetings: keep the company communication, even abroad, thanks to a Virtual PBX.
A Virtual PBX is a software that allows to automatically manage the incoming and outgoing calls of the company. It is a “virtual” service because it is hosted directly on the servers of the PBX provider and stored in the cloud, unlike traditional PBX services. Its mode of operation is based on WebRTC technology, while other types of PBX do not work entirely online.
To put your Virtual PBX into operation and schedule online meetings, all you have to do is the following:
- Choose one or more unique phone numbers with the prefixes you want, by which you can communicate with your employees or colleagues.
- Connect yourself to the platform from your computer, smartphone or tablet (no need to install anything).
- Install the application on your mobile phone if you want to receive calls on your mobile.
Once your Virtual PBX is running, you will be able to add multiple features. For instance, you can set up:
- Greeting messages, music on hold, etc.
- Automatic call distribution (IVR)
- Call recording
- Transcript of calls in your email
- Call Statistics
- Caller ID
- Integration with your CRM tool
- Call transfers
In addition, the use of the Virtual PBX has many advantages for companies with employees in different countries or locations, as it allows online meetings to be held on any internet connected device, such as cell phones or computers.
Videoconferencing around the world thanks to WebRTC technology
Some time ago, you had to use applications like Skype or plugins like Flash and Silverlight to be able to make video calls. In order for them to operate, it was essential that both parties who wanted to connect had the same programs and features installed on their computers, otherwise it was impossible to establish a connection. Nowadays, there is a much more direct and efficient ways to make video conferences and meetings online thanks to WebRTC technology, an open source software developed by Google in 2011.
This software allows the online transfer of voice, video and documents. This is possible since WebRTC consists of 3 APIs that make it possible:
- GetUserMedia (webcam and microphone access)
- PeerConnection (media sending and receiving)
- DataChannels (non-media files sending between browsers)
Therefore, WebRTC offers many advantages. In particular, it allows for the possibility of holding online video conference meetings with colleagues and collaborators from all over the world. Moreover, the quality of sound and image is impeccable, and the connection time is significantly reduced compared to other applications or plugins.
WebRTC technology gives you access to many of the functional and necessary tools for holding productive online meetings via video conferencing. One example is screen sharing, which allows to display screen content on each other’s computers. This is a fantastic option if you want to show a software or an online document to your colleagues or clients.
Besides, if you want to invite them to join the meeting, you only have to send them a link via email, which they will have to click to join the video conference directly. There is no limit on the number of participants, allowing you to hold online meetings with several people, each one in a different location. WebRTC does not require installation or downloading. It is available in most browsers, including Google Chrome and Firefox.
Consequently, it is the perfect technology for online meetings due to the possibilities it offers and its ease of use.
Advantages of online meetings
Online meetings, whether by telephone or video conference, bring many benefits to companies with employees in several cities or different countries. Among these benefits we would like to highlight:
- Growth of the company: by having regular online meetings, it will be possible to expand the company to new markets as you make it easier for employees to travel and work around the world.
- Share of information: online meetings make it faster and easier to share information among all the members of the company. In fact, direct contact by phone or video conference is more effective than communication via email as information is transmitted more quickly.
- Spread of the corporate culture: by allowing regular contact between your company’s headquarters and its subsidiaries and employees located abroad, the spread of your company’s culture is possible, which is essential for the proper functioning of your business.
- Enable employees from all over the world to get to know each other: the regular online meeting system offers your employees the opportunity to get to know each other, even if they all work in different countries.
- Avoid travels and reduce costs: thanks to telephone or video conference meetings, employees will have to travel less, which minimizes travel costs.
With Fonvirtual, you can take advantage of all the benefits of video conferencing and online meeting wherever you are. We provide you with a customized solution adapted to your needs.