Covid-19 has meant a change in many aspects of our lives. However, the area where it has arguably had the biggest impact is on the way people work. Until March 2020, remote working was a reality for a few companies, especially those whose employees were located in different parts of the world. However, since then, many companies have seen it as the perfect option to get on with their business from anywhere. Now that we can go back to face-to-face meetings, many companies have decided to take advantage of this opportunity and continue their business in the office.
But what happens when there are workers who are forced to work remotely due to an infection? In these cases, we obviously have to combine telecommuting with face-to-face work. That is why, throughout 2021, a new concept has emerged: hybrid work. This model is characterized by flexibility, allowing employees to perform their activities from anywhere.
However, to be able to carry it out, it is necessary to know exactly what it consists of, what its advantages are, and the keys to successfully implement it. That’s why today we bring you a guide with the fundamental aspects of the hybrid work model. If you want to know what they are, keep reading!
What is a hybrid working model?
Before we begin to define the main features of hybrid work, it is important to know that, if we look at the classification according to the location of the workers, this model is not the only one that exists. In fact, we could say that it is the combination of two forms of working:
- Face-to-face model: as its name suggests, its main characteristic is that workers regularly come to the company to carry out their work alongside their colleagues. Although it is still the usual working model as far as possible, the truth is that, as we said earlier, following the onset of the pandemic, it is not always possible to carry it out, so other alternatives have been implemented.
- Teleworking: nowadays, the concepts of office and workplace have been reinvented, so they no longer refer only to the company as a physical space of activity. In fact, thanks to advances in new technologies and the existence of teleworking platforms, it is possible to carry out our working day from anywhere, whether our own home or from a coffee shop.
The union of these two concepts leads us to hybrid work. Thus, we could define it as a variant of the two previous models in which employees have the flexibility to choose where they want to work. In these teams we can find two types of workers: those who are physically in the company and those who are working remotely. In addition, depending on their needs, they have the opportunity to decide whether they will work the entire day completely on-site, remotely or combining both.
Each business is different, so it should be noted that there are companies that, depending on their activity, fit more into one model than another. It will be essential, therefore, to take into account the needs of each one and find the solution that best suits the objectives we want to achieve.
Advantages of the hybrid work model
Whether you choose to work from the office or from home, this way of working, in addition to flexibility, brings many other benefits, not only for workers, but also for the company itself:
- Increases employee satisfaction: by giving them the possibility to choose the place from which they will perform their tasks, team members will feel that they have a certain degree of autonomy. In this way, it increases their job satisfaction and well-being, showing their commitment to the company.
- Promotes work-life balance: it is the model implemented in the company that adapts to the worker and not the other way around. A simple gesture on the part of the company, such as allowing the working day to be carried out, for example, while enjoying a family holiday, favours the balance between professional and working life.
- Cost reduction: hybrid work allows the costs associated with travel to be reduced considerably, especially for remote workers. In addition, if we have the right tools, it will be enough with the device we have at that moment (whether a computer, mobile or tablet) to develop our work, so the installation, maintenance and equipment costs also decrease.
- Increased productivity: by having the ability to choose their workplace, employees can choose the one in which they are more comfortable to carry out the task. This translates into an increase in productivity and efficiency with which they carry out their work, since there are people who are more productive from home and others who find greater concentration in the office.
Tips for implementing a hybrid work model
Although hybrid work can bring many benefits, we also have to bear in mind that there can be a number of difficulties that we need to be aware of and deal with. Here are a few tips that can help you avoid certain pitfalls, although it’s worth noting that as a relatively new model, new challenges will arise.
- Adapt to working from anywhere: currently, due to the situation generated by Covid-19, it is possible that, regardless of whether employees choose to work completely face-to-face or remotely, some will be forced to telework. This is why it is important to start implementing systems that facilitate mobility and are ubiquitous, that is, that allow access from anywhere, as well as training employees to adapt to their use.
- Pay attention to communication with the team: one of the biggest challenges presented by the hybrid work model is to maintain communication and contact regardless of the location of the workers. In this sense, a virtual PBX is the internal and external communication tool that can not be missed in your company. With it, you can not only serve your customers from anywhere, but also have the ability to make calls to any member of your company, write to them through the corporate chat, and even make videoconferences. All this allows you to maintain a fluid and close communication with your team without having to install anything. You will only need a device connected to the Internet to enjoy these features.
- Centralize your communications on a single platform: it is important that employees have access to both information and resources at any time. Therefore, having a platform where they are and from which they can manage all the company’s communication channels is essential. In the case of the virtual PBX, workers will be able to answer calls and even WhatsApp or Telegram messages from the same tool and without having to switch from one screen to another. In addition, if we connect the CRM system of our company, all team members will have access to the information in real time and can modify it during the interaction itself, since the client’s file will be automatically raised.
Technology is a key element to increase productivity in any situation that involves working remotely. Therefore, in Fonvirtual we want to help you implement a hybrid work model in your company by providing you with our virtual PBX service, which will allow you to work from anywhere in a simple and effective way. We offer you an efficient and customized tool with all the features to coordinate and maintain contact with your team.
If you want to know more, do not hesitate to contact us. We will help you find a solution that suits your needs.