The call center software is an essential tool in the day-to-day operations of many companies as it allows them to manage their customer contacts efficiently. Although this term refers also to other channels such as chat and video, calls are still the basis for the operations of the different departments of the company, from sales to customer support. To make sure that everything is being done satisfactorily, you need business supervision.
For this reason, it is essential, as in any other corporate process, to check that everything is running as we have established with an internal control, especially in areas such as customer service, where it is necessary to maintain quality standards to ensure that the experience is as satisfactory as possible. In addition, now that many businesses have opted for teleworking, either in whole or partially, business supervision takes on a key role in the smooth running of the business.
Now, the theory is simple, but in practice, internal control in a company can be complicated if we do not have the right systems in place, such as call center software with real-time supervisor functionality.
That is why, in today’s article, in addition to highlighting the reasons why you need to observe what happens in your communications platform, we tell you more about the supervisor tool that we offer you in Fonvirtual. Keep reading!
The importance of business supervision
The figure of the supervisor is fundamental in any company, since, as we mentioned at the beginning, it is necessary to check whether everything is developing in accordance with the objectives set by the organisation or whether we need to make any adjustments.
In the case of customer service and, specifically within the call center, it takes on a much more relevant role. As a service from which all requests and contacts with customers, both current and potential, are managed, we must be able to identify potential problems and understand both failures and what is working well.
However, although this is one of the main reasons why we should have a call center supervisor, it is not the only one.
Why do you need business supervision?
To assess the quality of customer service
Quality customer service is key to enhancing our company image and encouraging users to buy our products and services again.
Business monitoring plays a key role, not only to verify whether the service provided meets customer expectations, but also to identify so-called “bottlenecks”. This term refers to those phases of the process where there are more requests than can be handled, resulting in interruptions and slower customer service.
These bottlenecks can be produced, among other causes, because the systems we currently have in place are not adapted to handle the increase in requests. Thus, with a quality supervisor in the call center, we can quickly detect the possible elements that are affecting the service provided and make the necessary changes.
To improve the user experience (abandonment rate, bounce rate…)
Many companies today have rethought their strategy and have stopped focusing solely on the product or service to create better user experiences. This element is fundamental to improve the company’s results, as it will be what encourages customers to recommend your company to others and, of course, to repeat the purchase process with you and not with your competitors.
In this sense, business monitoring will help you to analyse and implement a series of actions aimed at improving a number of metrics that influence customer satisfaction, such as:
- Reduce the abandonment rate: this indicator measures the number of users who have not managed to contact us. Therefore, the higher the number of unattended conversations, the higher the abandonment rate, which will contribute to a negative user experience.
- Increase the first contact resolution rate: when a customer comes to us, we ideally want to resolve their requests without the need to transfer, escalate or refer them back to another agent. Although desirable, this is not something that can always be assured due to the nature of the request or the problem the customer has. However, it is recommended that this rate be as high as possible.
- Reduce the average waiting time of customers: related to the above, we must be concerned that customers are served from the first moment and avoid having to wait longer than desired, something that can be achieved by using Conversational AI solutions.
The call centre supervisor profile of the call centre software that we offer you in Fonvirtual will allow you, from anywhere and with any device, to follow in real time the activity of your customer service and make changes quickly before it affects the user experience. For example, you can check the number of calls, video calls or chats that are being received, those on hold, those that have not been answered… In addition, from the statistics panel you can filter these indicators by period, group or agent, as you need.
To check employees performance
In most cases, the difference between a positive and a negative customer experience is found in elements such as the consistency between the messages conveyed by employees, the degree of personalisation…
In this sense, business monitoring involves controlling the detail of each interaction and the performance of the agents in each of them. Within Fonvirtual’s call centre software, the supervisor panel offers you everything you need:
- You will be able to check the status of all agents in real time (available, absent, out of service…), as well as supervise the time they have stayed in each of them during a given period. Moreover, if necessary, you will be able to change their status manually from the supervisor panel.
- You will have access to the recording and transcription of all voice and video calls, as well as the duration of each call.
- All chat conversations, both external with clients and internal between team members, will be reflected in the supervisor panel.
- You will be able to geolocate the extensions to know where the agents are at all times.
- You will be able to listen to voice conversations, view calls and read chat conversations in real time to assess the quality of the service provided.
To train employees
Business monitoring is not only aimed at increasing customer satisfaction. Ensuring employee satisfaction is also critical, as it will reflect on the user experience in a positive way.
One way to improve employee satisfaction is to support and train them, which a call center supervisor can do. With this profile within your communication platform you will be able to perform actions such as:
- Chat in real time with the agent to improve their management of interactions.
- Communicate with the agent during a call without the customer knowing it in order to help him/her to solve the customer’s doubts in an appropriate way.
- Conduct three-way calls between the customer, an agent and the supervisor or another experienced team member.
As you will have seen, a good business supervision involves taking into account many aspects and, above all, having the right systems in place.
At Fonvirtual we want to help you with internal control in your company. Therefore, we encourage you to know in depth our call center supervisor panel. What are you waiting for? Contact us!