One of the main consequences of the pandemic has been the exponential boost of teleworking as a permanent state in many jobs thanks to the development of internal communications in companies.
What caught some companies by surprise and forced them to improvise solutions, 3 years after the total closure caused by strict confinement, is a widespread reality in companies in almost any sector.
Something that seems to have been imposed so quickly and that is definitely a great advantage for both parties -it allows the worker enormous flexibility in terms of where they do their work and for companies it is an incentive with which to attract talent- strange that it would have been waiting for so long.
We know how unified communications to the set of technological solutions that allow the integration of different communication channels in the company. Specifically, internal communication tools usually include the following messaging, voice, and video elements:
- Email: possibly the first professional communication channel that was developed so that it could be used from devices other than professionals. It allows both internal communication and with elements external to the company.
- Chat: as a real-time messaging system, it allows communication only with members of your organization, sharing all kinds of files, the screen, etc.
- Internal calls: allows voice communication without the existence of the classic elements of telephone communication such as the telephone number, network or telephone device.
- External calls: thanks to the development of virtual switchboards, communications with outside the company can be done simply by having an Internet connection, without installations, without equipment and, of course, without telephones.
- Video calls: perhaps the most developed element thanks to the covid crisis, it has not only managed to streamline and professionalize many communications in the company, but also to eliminate face-to-face meetings through this much more efficient method.
In recent years, different internal communication tools for companies have been consolidated that allow all these common communication fronts in companies to be integrated into a single software. For this reason, a worker can make professional calls from his personal computer, be in real-time contact with his colleagues, write corporate emails or attend meetings without being directly in the office.
Another aspect that has favored the arrival of teleworking has been the rise of WebRTC technology. Despite the fact that there are companies that still need to connect their employees via VPN or those that continue to use software installed locally on the computers, the greatest development has appeared in those solutions that do not require installation and, consequently, are multi-device and only need internet connection.
Cloud technology development
In addition to promoting the use of internal communication tools, the development of cloud technology has allowed a greater volume in the amount of data, information and files that we can store and move offshore thanks to the cloud.
All these internal communication tools for companies still had the hidden side of supervision. In other words, it was not only a question of someone being able to work from home, but the company needed to be able to verify that they were working.
Most of the software that includes services of virtual switchboard or call center and that complement with the elements of the unified communications software provide supervision tools. Something very classic has been the possibility of listening to the recordings that are made, very useful as an element to audit the quality of customer service when our team is relocated, it has been complemented by supervision through listening in real time, active participation from supervisors through whispering or passive surveillance reading transcripts.
Along with these more classic supervision solutions, software that integrates the time control of workers has been aligned. In this way, it allows us to know what time they have started working, what they have been doing at all times, even from what device or where they have connected.
The fonvirtual solution includes all the internal communication tools for companies. To highlight its main features, it offers:
- States in real time of each one of the users. It includes both automatic statuses (when someone calls, makes a video…) and manual statuses, when a user changes their status to unavailable…
- 1to1 communication by chat, video and voice.
- Status change alerts to let you know when a partner becomes available.
- Group communication.
- Mailing lists within the organization
- Record of all communications, both with history, recordings, transcripts, chats and videos
- Supervision with access to the information generated with each interaction of all users.
- Time control
- User geolocation and device control.