Electronic banking operations have evolved considerably. This is due to technological advances such as the mobile TPV (Third-Party Verification). Today, technology makes our lives easier, especially with remote payment methods. It is now possible to make purchases or subscribe to a service from home!
What is mobile TPV?
Mobile TPV (Third-Party Verification) is a remote payment method that verifies your purchase. It is a payment method seen as a solution that allows you to make purchases or contract services without having to travel.
What is the procedure for payment by credit card by telephone?
Generally, the procedure to follow for the mobile TPV is quite simple. What you need to do is call the number of the company where you need to make a payment. Once you have agreed on the details of the operation (product, quantity, delivery), your person of contact will transfer the call to an automatic system that will ask you for your credit card information. It will then be necessary to provide the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your credit card number
- The expiry date
- The CVV code
When would you use a mobile TPV? Why is it useful?
Telephone payments with TPV is useful in many situations. Here are some examples:
- Signing up for a service
- Paying for goods
- Paying bills for an online subscription
- Booking a hotel, flight or reservation
However, some customers may still question the security of the mobile payment method.
Here are the principles put in place for the safe use of the mobile TPV:
- Companies must obtain the consent of their customers in order for them to make a payment.
- Such consent shall not be presumed and shall take the form of an act of unambiguous will.
- Acceptance of the general conditions of use or sale is not considered as a sufficient way of obtaining the consent of the people.
What are the advantages of paying over the phone?
For customers, this payment method allows them to conduct transactional operations by making a simple phone call.
For companies, it is a way to increase their sales and make their business profitable.
Companies must implement security systems such as the PCI system and mobile TPV. This makes it possible to effectively control all the transactions carried out by the company, while offering customers a secure system to gain their trust.
If you, as a company, agency or any other establishment, want to increase the sales of your goods or services, consider this payment method. When all measures are taken to maximize security during transactions, you can enjoy all the benefits of this innovative and practical payment system with complete peace of mind. It is also about providing customers with options that will help build customer loyalty.
How can you ensure that mobile TPV is secure?
Some customers wonder if the data they provide to the system when paying by phone is secure. To make sure you are not a victim of fraud, follow these instructions:
- Check the number you are calling for your purchase, make sure it is the official number of the company you are looking for.
- Make sure that you can contact the company again in the future so that you can solve any problems.
- Avoid making payments by phone in public places. You will likely have to state your phone number out loud.
- Do not give your 4-digit PIN code by phone
- Never give your bank account’s login details
This form of payment allows you to know the status of your purchase at any time. You will also obtain a receipt and invoice for proof of payment.