The list of systems that support our daily tasks grows a little longer every day. From cloud tools to Artificial Intelligence systems, new technologies have a fundamental advantage: making people’s lives easier by automating processes. Specifically, within the business environment, due to the changes due to the pandemic, they have influenced the transformation of the workspaces and culture, giving rise to different models. Thus, we can find from a completely face-to-face situation to that of total remote working, through intermediate options that mix both types.
When we talk about going back to face-to-face situations, companies have found in new technologies a method that promotes a comfortable and safe workplace. In this sense, they take advantage of all the benefits of digital transformation to improve processes and overcome new challenges. This is where the concept of smart office arises, a way to automate and digitalize the business environment to increase the satisfaction and security of users and their customers.
In this article we will show you the keys to what is undoubtedly becoming the office of the future.
What is a smart office?
In recent years, office designs have changed radically. Among other substantial changes, we have replaced paper, faxes and calendars with computers, smartphones and tablets. Thus, in the last 30 years, we have chosen to create workplaces where people and technology come together, no matter where they are.
In this sense, the smart office is configured as a space in which personal skills and abilities are combined with the efficiency provided by digital tools. In this sense, in addition to increasing the performance and functionality of employees, it is possible to improve the image of the company, not only for customers, but also for employees themselves.
What are its advantages?
Undoubtedly, one of the main characteristics of the smart office is that it places technology as the leader of the space. This brings numerous advantages:
- Centralized management: in these offices, tools are usually placed on the same platform. This way, it is possible that each of the departments and their respective workers can access the information in real time. It looks for synergies between the different systems of the company to combine them and get access from the same place, such as CRMs and company communications. Thus, the productivity of employees and the business itself increases, avoiding wasting time on searching for the information in different applications.
- Accessible anywhere: a smart office is precisely what makes it easy to work from anywhere. Mobility at work is a reality. And we’re not just talking about business trips. Especially after Covid-19, workers may be forced to stay at home due to an infection at any time, and that is why companies must come up with solutions that allow them to continue the activity no matter where they are, avoiding any kind of installation. Thus, connectivity and ubiquity (the ability to use tools anywhere in the world) become a key element of smart offices.
- Improved communication: in any company, communication is a fundamental element. And in smart offices, even more. However, we must take into account that thanks to the ubiquity they offer, there can be remote workers, but it is important to know the keys to manage a hybrid work team and have the right internal communication tools to promote fast and direct communication.
- Innovation: in a smart office, innovation is always present. For example, when it comes to contacting customers, nowadays there are no longer only calls, but it is also possible to do it through instant messaging applications, such as WhatsApp or Telegram. In this sense, tools like the virtual PBX, which we will talk about later, can become your best ally, as they allow the integration and management of the different communication channels from the same platform.
- Flexibility: in a smart office it is much easier to implement solutions that automate processes. For example, those based on Artificial Intelligence allow workers to focus on other tasks at the same time that a chatbot or a callbot attends to simple requests, achieving a higher degree of efficiency than in a space without technology.
- Improve the user experience: this type of offices not only have the latest technology to facilitate processes and communication internally, but also externally, that is, with suppliers and customers. In this sense, the use of digital tools will give quality to our customer and supplier’s service, which translates into an improved brand image. In addition, with small details such as allowing the contact through any channel, users will feel that the business invests in facilitating communication with them, which will increase their trust and loyalty to the brand.
Must-have tools in the smart office
As we have just seen, this new perception of the workplace can bring many benefits. However, to enhance all these advantages, it is necessary to have the right tools. Here are the most important ones:
- Virtual PBX: in “traditional” offices, it was normal to find a physical PBX in a room or any place of the office itself, occupying a large amount of space. In addition, the installation of the equipment was very expensive. Nowadays, however, the situation has changed, and in the new smart offices, there is no longer any need for installation or additional equipment. In virtual PBXs, nothing happens on the devices. Everything is in the cloud, so it is possible to access your communications anywhere and with the device you have with you at that moment. Thus, installation and maintenance costs are reduced, since it simply requires a stable Internet connection and a computer, tablet or mobile, something that everyone has today.
- Virtual agents: Artificial Intelligence is becoming one of the essentials of any business. This is because users, when contacting companies, are looking for quick answers, something that chatbots and callbots can provide. With a virtual agent that receives your customers, either in a call or in a WhatsApp conversation, in addition to giving quality to your service, you will be able to attend to simple requests quickly. In the case of a more qualified request or one that the robot does not have the answer to, it will transfer the conversation to an agent, but the customer will have been previously attended. With this, we shorten waiting times and improve the brand image of our company.
- CRM: a customer management system is another essential tool in the smart office. And thanks to it, we will keep the information centralized on the same platform, with agents having access to it at all times. In addition, it allows integration with the virtual PBX, which provides numerous benefits, such as that the customer file is automatically raised when the agent receives a conversation. This makes it easier for them to have the information beforehand and to be able to provide personalised and appropriate attention. Finally, you can modify the information before, during and after the call, with the rest of the team members having access to it in real time.
At Fonvirtual we have all the tools you need in a smart office. We help you to find a solution according to your needs so you can get all the advantages of implementing technology in your company. If you want more information, do not hesitate to contact us. Our team will accompany and advise you throughout the process so you can enjoy all the tools we have to offer.