Recently, communication has evolved to go hand-in-hand with the technological advances of today. The telephone switchboard is one of the aspects that has evolved most, especially in the business environment. Telephone switchboards are now virtual, and minimize geographical borders and time limitations. Because of this, businesses can now improve on collaboration, productivity and efficiency. Virtual telephone switchboards also facilitate the management of communications inside and outside of the company.
A telephone switchboard is a private network that allows for internal communication in a company. With this phone network, you can make internal and external calls. You can now call clients and other companies at a lower cost in a more efficient way.
How does a telephone switchboard work?
For many years, the telephone has been the most used means of communication. Sounds are transformed into electrical impulses in order to communicate. Nowadays, it transfers signals over the internet, taking communication to another level.
In business, having a phone is always necessary. It is now more important than ever in this international era. Calls can originate from anywhere, to any destination.
A Telephone Switchboard is a private network formed by one or several pieces of equipment that makes and receives internal or external calls within a company. When one user wants to make a call, they must make a request to the switchboard and it will establish a connection.
There are different models of telephone switchboards, various sizes and various manufacturers. Only your trusted provider can advise you to make the best decision for your business.
Types of telephone switchboards
- Analog: No longer used today. Many limitations and more expensive than usual.
- Digital: Evolution of analogue exchanges, commutations are faster and more efficient, but they are also becoming obsolete due to their limitations.
- IP PBX: What most telephone providers sell. It has evolved with respect to past limitations, giving the possibility to receive work calls on a cell phone. This allows employees to become more mobile.
- WebRTC PBXs: The latest version of PBX. It has broken geographical barriers in all aspects. It allows you to make and receive calls from anywhere in the world without international costs. You can make and receive calls from any device connected to the internet. Who doesn’t carry the internet in their pocket with them today?
Advantages of the telephone switchboard
Generally speaking, having a telephone switchboard has the following advantages:
- Easy to use
- Allows calls between internal employees or outside clients.
- Give personalized attention to customers.
- Capture the maximum number of customers through personalized and effective attention.
- Users use a login and password to use the extension.
- You can have access to the switchboard on your cell phone thanks to an app. You no longer have to wait in your office to receive a call.
- Call forwarding to different extensions.
- On-screen caller ID.
- Connection between extensions.
- Stay on hold with background music.
- Set features such as the date, time, and country of origin. Clients will be able to make calls from their own country and be answered in real-time.
- Allows the management of schedules.
- No need for major investment.
- Reduces waiting times.
- Increases the effectiveness of the company.
*The most obsolete switchboards will have great limitations in some of these aspects.
The success of your company is in your hands. Today, you have the opportunity to maintain contact with customers from anywhere in the world, displaying a national and international professional company image.
At Fonvirtual, we are at your disposal to advise you on anything you may need.