The telephone is an essential communication tool in any business. It’s been used for over a century for a reason. In today’s world, the cost of traditional telephone systems can be an issue for most businesses. So what’s the alternative? Now it’s time to discover VoIP, which has now been around for a few years. If you integrate VoIP telephony it can lead to better business performance within your company.
What is VoIP?
To really understand how VoIP works and how it can benefit your business, you must understand what it is. VoIP is the abbreviation for “Voice over Internet Protocol.” This means you can talk to other people through the internet vs a traditional phone line. However, you can still use your current phone, as well as your tablet or computer. The biggest difference is in the way the call is transmitted.
Reduce costs thanks to VoIP
The biggest advantage of integrating VoIP telephony within your business is that you will save costs, as it takes efficiency to a whole new level. By receiving phone calls over the internet, you will also reduce the costs of having a phone line. However, in order do this, you will have to switch to a high-speed internet connection. This will require extra costs. However, eliminating the cost of the traditional phone line will be much more effective for your business as a whole.
In addition, if your business makes international calls regularly, the costs of international calls with a VoIP connection are greatly reduced.
Statistically speaking, online VoIP services have helped many companies slash costs. For some companies, local call costs have been reduced by up to 40% and for international calls by up to 90%.
Enjoy a greater variety of features with the integration of VoIP telephony
In addition to cost reduction, if you integrate VoIP telephony line you will also enjoy a wide range of innovative features that exceed those of a traditional phone line. We would like to highlight the following features: virtual phone numbers, call routing, and improved conference quality.
- Virtual phone numbers: A virtual number makes it easy to have a local number from anywhere in the world. In other words, if you have a large market of customers in Paris, for example, you can get a local number from Paris with the area code of your choice. When someone in France dials this number, it will be transferred to your phone, no matter where you are in the world. This makes it easier for customers to contact your company.
- Call routing: If you’ve ever felt worried about missing an important phone call, call routing will give you a sense of relief. With this feature, an incoming call may be transferred to several devices of your choice. If your office phone rings and you’re not there, that same call will ring on your cell phone, your home phone, your iPad, and any other device you’ve choose before going to voicemail.
- Better conference calls: With VoIP technology and a high-speed internet connection, you can include an unlimited number of people in conference calls via phone. Better yet, you can also use video conferencing to see your employees or customers in person.
So, what exactly do I need to integrate VoIP into my company?
Here are the three requirements you need in order to integrate VoIP telephony within your company:
- Internet connection: The internet connectivity can be any type (ADSL, WiFi, 4G, satellite, etc.) However, if the internet goes down often, it will be noticed in the quality of your calls. This is why we recommend using a high-speed internet connection.
- VoIP service provider: You need an IP service provider to provide you with your phone numbers and phone line.
- An IP phone/IP adapter/softphone: Normally, you would need one of these devices. Unfortunately, they are notorious for offering poor audio quality and are difficult to configure. In addition, they require installations and must be compatible with your operating system to work.
Because of this, here at Fonvirtual we’ve decided to integrating WebRTC technology instead of simply VoIP. WebRTC is an open source protocol developed by Google that allows you to access VoIP communication features over any web browser, such as access to your microphone or webcam, while also allowing you to send of various types of data (text, images, etc.). This offers users a way to communicate online without requiring external software, plug-ins, or softphone downloads.
Therefore, WebRTC is a complete and efficient technology, which allows you to enjoy the same features as VoIP as well as having other advantages:
- Higher quality, since it includes HD audio quality even if your internet connection isn’t at its optimal speed. It will adjust its quality based on your current internet coverage.
- Maximum flexibility, since it can be used wherever and whenever you want; from your computer, cell phone or tablet.
- Access to an online interface, where you can create your own agenda or consult your call statistics.
- Zero investments, as it works on any device connected to the internet and does not require any special software.